FRIDAY BULLETIN #23, 01 March 2024Learning for Life Knowledge ~ Values ~ Opportunities
1.PARENTS’ EVENINGThank you for coming to parents’ evening this week. It is always a pleasure to welcome you into school. We hope you found the meeting with your child’s teacher informative. Please remember that you are encouraged to speak with your child’s teacher at any point: don’t wait until parents’ evening!
Parents of children in Mrs Cannell’s class: appointments are now open for Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 March 2024. The new times are available to book on ParentMail.
2. 'WATER ON WEDNESDAYS’
A few weeks ago, we shared with you our vision for promoting our school value of ‘Being Healthy’. Today, School Parliament shared with the school the research they have done on the benefits of drinking water. Ask your children what they can remember!
School Parliament would like to encourage everyone in the school community to drink just water on Wednesdays so that they can see for themselves the benefits.
3.ATTENDANCEThis week’s Top Attendance trophy was awarded by Miss Ward to two classes – Mrs Goodrick’s AND Mr Reed’s – both with 100%! Well done!
There is change at the top and new entries to the Top 5 attending classes so far this year;
- Mrs Goodrick’s Y3 class, 97.46%
- Miss Potter’s and Mrs Sewell’s Y2 class, 97.45%
- Mr Reed’s Y6 class, 97.24%
- Miss Manson’s Y4 class and Miss Lote’s Y6 class, 96.68%
- Miss Abell’s Y5 class and Mrs Cannell’s Y2 class, 96.59%
4. COFFEE AFTERNOON – WORKING TOGTHER TEAMParents/carers are warmly invited to attend our next parents' coffee event on Thursday 14 March from 2pm to 3pm. Anthony Bowen from the Working Together Team will be our guest speaker. Come along for a chat and to find out more about:
- Social communication differences
- Sensory integration and processing differences
- Demand avoidant profiles of behaviour
The Tower Road Academy SEND team will also be available for support and informal discussions and would love to see you there. Parents are welcome to join in as much or as little as they like - feel free to just listen and eat the biscuits!
Please email into firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to attend so we have an idea of numbers.
5. A REQUEST FROM TEATIME CLUB
Do you have any unwanted rolls of wallpaper? Maybe some rolls of lining paper that you no longer need? If so, please donate them to Teatime Club. They are great for cutting up for craft activities. Please bring your unwanted rolls to the school office. Thank you!
6. COLLECTING LATE FROM SCHOOL
Please be reminded that if you know you are going to be late collecting your child from school you should call to let us know. This also applies to collecting your child from an after-school club such as football, netball or TT Rock Stars. We appreciate that traffic can be unpredictable in Boston – all we ask is that you let us know so that we can reassure your child.
Please be advised that if you are regularly late in collecting your child they will be sent to Teatime Club for supervision and you will be charged for this service.
Wishing you a great weekend!
Mr McCullough/Mrs SmithHeadteacher/Deputy Headteacher