SEND Parent Questionnaire
Thank you to all of the parents with children on the SEND register who responded to the SEND Team's May 2022 questionnaire.
We received some very kind comments including:
“Tower road is the best school for my son.” (parent of a Y6 pupil)
“The SEND staff all go above and beyond to help, they can’t do enough to support us.” (parent of a Y5 pupil)
“We are very grateful for all of the support and information we receive.” (parent of a Y4 pupil)
Summary of the results:
- 96% of parents said that their child feels safe and happy at school
- 92% of parents said their child feels they have someone to talk to if they need to
- 75% of parents know where to find the SEND policy and impact report on the website (policies tab)
- 84% of parents feel the school website contains useful information about SEND
- 88% of parents can see the progress their child is making, at their own level, within school
- 88% of parents know how their child is supported within school
- 96% of parents feel they have sufficient information and communication about their child’s progress
- 100% of parents feel able to approach staff about any concerns they have regarding their child
- 88% of parents feel that any issues or concerns raised about their child’s needs are quickly addressed
- 92% of parents have confidence in the leadership of SEND provision within the school
As always, if you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to speak to your child’s class teacher or a member of the SEND team.
Mrs Siswick has phoned several parents to discuss the questionnaire results and answer any questions which arose. If you answered anonymously but would like a follow up phone call, please phone the school office to arrange one.
Thank you again to all parents who completed the questionnaire.